As mandated by the State of Florida, effective July 1, 2011, students enrolling in Adult General Education (AGE) programs, which include ABE, ESOL, Citizenship and Adult High School Completion, will have to pay block tuition to register for classes. Students will be classified as either In-State or Out-Of-State.
- In-State Students: To be considered as In-State, students must provide two pieces of identification as proof that they have lived in the state of Florida for the past twelve months. Adult students who are classified as In-State will pay a $30.00 block tuition and a $5.00 ID fee per trimester.
- Out-of-State Students: Students who have not lived in the state of Florida for the past twelve months will be considered as Out-of-State and will pay $120.00 plus the $5.00 ID fees per trimester.
- Students wishing to register in Adult Education Program, must be 16 years of age or older and withdrawn from K-12 school. All students must complete a Data Input Registration Form #3999
- Registered high school students in need to complete credits in adult education, may enroll with a written permission and Credit Verification Form from the high school principal, only. (Form# 4269)
- Proof of residency is no longer required for Adult General Education students (ESOL, ABE, AAAE, and GED), but students must present some form of picture identification (ID) in order to be registered. A student must pay a flat rate of $30.00 and a $5.00 ID per trimester.
- The tuition rates and proof of residency requirements for students registering for Career/Technical Education (CTE) programs remain as indicated below:
- Students registering for CTE programs will still be required to prove Florida Residency to qualify for instate tuition.
- The established registration procedures for verifying Florida Residency for post-secondary CTE students will remain in effect. School site personnel will use the following guidelines:
- Verify residency utilizing FM-7425
- Indicate residency status on FM-3999 and enter into VACS
- Require students to sign and affidavit affirming residency for in-state tuition, utilizing FM-6909 or FM-6910
- This process should also be followed for AGE students that can provide proof of Florida Residency for tuition purposes at the time of registration, should they decide to enroll in CTE programs in the future.
- All students are required to be tested as part of the registration process with the exception of students attending the regular high school program.
- Intake staff should strictly adhere to the following guidelines when registering a student/applicant that is attempting to prove 12 consecutive months of Florida Residency: UNACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS: Birth certificates, Library Cards, Bank Statements, Shopping/Rental Club Cards, Hunting/Fishing Licenses, Concealed Weapon/Gun Permit.
- Acceptable documentations verifying in-state status are categorized as group A and group B.
|Florida I.D. or Florida Driver’s License||Certified Letter from Agency|
|Vehicle Registration||Certificate of Domicile|
|Proof of Homestead Exemption||Enrollment in an Educational Institution|
|Proof of Permanent Home||Lease Agreement|
|High School Transcript||Membership in Florida-based Organization|
|Voter’s Registration Card||Florida Incorporation (12 prior months)|
|Proof of Full-Time Employment for past 12 months||Professional or Occupational License|
Note: One of the two pieces of documentation must be from group A.
Time: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Step 1: Complete In-Take Application (Room 303)
Step 2: Schedule Testing (Room 303)
Step 3: Financial Aid (if applicable) (Room 001-C)
Step 4: Counselor/Registration Assessment (Room 303)
Step 5: Cashier/ I.D. picture (Room 001-B)
Report to class as scheduled!